The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can Bonjour Sync Between Two Computers & iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaac View Post
I am working with 5 computers and 3 iPhones and syncing through MobileMe and it just works. My task go up to 350 items and they sync in les than 5 seconds.

I am completely sold for this piece of software.
Would you please give more details on your configuration?
Do you use separate mobileme accounts for each? or how do you share between different mobileme's?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgemsoto View Post
Would you please give more details on your configuration?
Do you use separate mobileme accounts for each? or how do you share between different mobileme's?

Thanks
All use the same MobileMe account, as they wouldn't be able to access the common sync database otherwise. You don't sync directly with another OmniFocus client, even in the Bonjour case, you sync with the central database.

imac, laptop, iphone set up needing help...

i have the imac as main database.
Connected with iphone thru email.
All is good!

Now i want to sync my laptop, but when i go to:
sync/bonjour
i have the choice to keep the sync database on this mac (no)
or connect to an existing sync database.
when i choose connect to an existing sync database: Select a Mac..
there is no mac to choose!
everything else is greyed.

both firewalls are open
both file sharing and bluetooth sharing is chosen.

can someone help me get my laptop synced?

Kim, there are a couple things that could be causing this - the way the wireless network is set up, the devices are connecting to different networks entirely, a couple other things. (Bonjour tries to "just work", and when that happens, it's great. When it doesn't happen, it can be a bit of a pain figuring out why.)

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do is going to be to call (800.315.6664) or email the support ninjas; we'll be happy to help.