The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Copy rows from one outline to another outline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies in advance if I am missing something but can't figure out how to copy rows from one outline to another. I have searched this forum and found some folks that seem to have gotten this question answered but now sure and still cannot establish steps to take.

For example, I want to copy rows from Outline A to Outline B.

If I click on Edit while in Outline A and select the lines I want to copy, then I can select Move but that only lets me move within Outline A.

If I select Edit and select copy then go to Outline B and paste then just pastes text for all rows into a single row in Outline B instead of pasting all rows into separate rows.

Help, please! Many thanks in advance. Love this product but this may be a showstopper for me. Thanks, again.

When you do the paste into the destination document, you want to have an entire row selected. If you've got a row selected, you get rows pasted; if you are in the middle of a row, you get the selection pasted into the current row.

muchas gracias!!!!