The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bay Area OmniFocus Gathering, 2009 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ditto-- I can't make 11/12, but I am available on 11/19. Go niners!
Steve

OK, due to popular demand, the date for the next BAOFUG meeting has been hereby officially moved to:

Thursday, November 19, 2009
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Please update your calendars.

Now, for the venue: I believe Steve has access to a school facility in San Jose with a projector and lots of seating that he has generously offered up several times in the past. And Bill is offering his office in Santa Clara, also with a projector. And then there's the old coffee house in Los Gatos.

How do we decide? Anybody feel strongly for or against a particular location? Any of them are fine by me.

-Dennis

Dennis, that works out better for me— I hope that doesn't knock anyone out! At the end of BAOFUG, let's pick the next time so everyone present can be included.

I think we should decide via omnifocus style with a vote via here or sending you a direct message.

Here are my thoughts:

Setting
--------
Any type of conference room that would allow people to freely move around the room and to plug into a projector. Invariably at our meetings I find myself straining to huddle around someone's laptop trying to see something that someone is teaching.

Agenda
--------
I like to have the people that are present set the agenda with their questions, but I think it would be good to try to set out some agenda items on a google document-- I would be happy to set that up if people thought that would be a good idea.

Here is my stab at the flow of the meeting:

6:00-6:15 Introductions

Name, how long have you been using OF, What are some of things that you track in OF (e.g. are you a student, a teacher, a software engineer, etc)

6:15-6:45 OF Show and Tell

I've always thought that it would be interesting for people to take turns connecting themselves to the projector and doing a show/tell on the way they have their system set-up.

6:45-7:50 tackle agenda items in large group, but let people break off into smaller groups to pursue other items

7:50-8:00 Wrap up, set date/time for next meeting

I'm not attached to any of the above, but that's my vote.

Steve - that agenda sounds good for me, along w/ Nov 19th :)

I would vote for a classroom if we can get it. The area in my office would be good for 8-10 people.. then it would get a bit cozy.

Thurs, Nov 19th works for me. Either the office or the school sounds fine -- whichever is easiest for the host. Anything else we'd need?

Fellow OmniFocusians : are we doing this on the 19th? Who's going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbarry34 View Post
Fellow OmniFocusians : are we doing this on the 19th? Who's going?
I'll be there. Can bring a projector if we need one.

can we get an headcount of who's going? maybe it's me, but it seems like we're losing steam here as we get closer. if we dont' have enough folks then maybe we can push back til Dec

Sorry guys, I've been out of the loop recently. But I'm back now. :-)

So Steve has generously arranged some space for us at Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose:

5000 Mitty Ave
San Jose‎ CA‎ 95129

Steve will have provide details on the room and how to find it.

So we're still on for Thursday, November 19, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM. We'll follow the agenda outlined by Steve earlier in this thread. I'll be bringing some chips and salsa and a variety of soft drinks.

As far as I can tell, we've got Steve, Bill, eurothespian, and me. The other Bill (whpalmer4) might be joining us via iChat. So that's about 5 people. I'll also be sending out a reminder email to everyone who attended our last meeting to see if they'd like to join us as well.

Hope to see you there!

-Dennis

Hi everyone, I look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday. We are going to meet in one of our conference rooms. Please park in the lot in-between Queen of Apostles Church on Moorpark and Archbishop Mitty High School. Park near the green gate next to Mitty Ave. (See the red circle on the attached map.) Walk to the nearest door. I will make signs that lead to the conference room.

See you Thursday!
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mitty1.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1158