The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Keeps Wanting to Update Itself Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Every time I open up OmniFocus, it tells me there's an update but it's wanting to repeat the update every time (see graphic). My computer says I'm running OF 1.7.1 but I know I've run this same update at least three times in the last few days. By the way, I'm running OS X 10.5.8.

On a related note, can I delete these old versions of OF that seem to be piling up in my Applications folder?

Thanks.

My suspicion is that the copy of OmniFocus you are running is not installed in /Applications, where the software updater will install the new version by default. So, every time it detects a new version, it asks you to update, and you install the new version in /Applications, causing old versions to pile up, but you're still using the other one, and the cycle repeats.

No, that's not the problem. I confirmed that the application which is starting up when OF starts is located in /Applications. I'm wondering if I just need to uninstall and reinstall the application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertF57 View Post
I'm wondering if I just need to uninstall and reinstall the application.
That's what I would do. Also note for future reference that there is an option in the updater to trash the old version of the application when updating rather than leaving in in /Applications.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2009-09-13 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: trimmed quote to pertinent bit