The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Project should default to be created inside focus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I am focused on my home folder,
and I create a new project in the inbox,
new projects get created outside my home folder.

Expected behavior:
when focused on a folder, new projects should default inside my focused folder.

this is logged and scheduled for 1.0, <bug://bugs/36240> (When focused, a new project or folder should be included within the focus)

I see that when working with actions in the right pane, pressing the new project button creates the new one just under the current one in the list in the left pane. This makes good sense.

My suggestion is that when promoting an action to a project (e.g. Cmd-[ on an existing action), that newly formed project should also appear just under the current project, rather than at the end of the whole list.

submitted via feedback

When I am adding a new item to my inbox using the shortcut to create a new project (by typing the name and hitting command return), I would expect that if I type Work : New Project, that it would create a new project within the Work folder, but instead it creates a new project called "Work : New Project" not in any folder. This seems counter intuitive, given that all the other projects I've made that the drop down list shows are written Folder : Project name