The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No actions in context view on iPhone/iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've plunked down mucho dinero for Omnifocus on my iMac, MacBook Air, iPhone, and iPad. I entered some projects and actions on OF for Mac on the iMac, and set up MobileMe sync on all devices. The MBA mirrors the iMac, but OF on the iPhone and iPad show no actions in the context view, despite each and every action having a context assigned. I did not add, delete, or modify the context list; I'm using what came out of the box for now.

Any ideas on what is going on? I don't know the build numbers of the software, but all versions of OF were purchased and downloaded on 8/13.

Thanks in advance for any help on this puzzling problem.

You're sure that some actions got synced over to the iOS devices? Can you see them in project view? What happens if you create an action on the iPad, assign a dummy project and context, but no start date, does that show up?

One of the things you get for your mucho dinero is excellent support. Give the support group a call Monday morning and they'll help you get to the bottom of the issue. 1-800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152.

By the way, if you use Help->Send Feedback (Mac) or the Contact Omni option (iOS) the resulting email contains the information about exactly which version of the software you are running. You can also access it by looking at the About OmniFocus menu item in the OmniFocus menu (Mac) or by looking at the Settings (gear menu on the iOS apps).

My bad. I started my OF w/ actions that started the following Monday. Then, on Monday, the actions appeared in the Context, Map, and Flagged sections, the actions that had started or due that day. I was expecting all actions to show in those sections, but that's not how it works, apparently. Misunderstanding on my part, sorry.

Thanks anyway for the help. I believe Omni's support is superb, and that info might come in handy in the future.

The actions shown are controlled by the "eyeball" icon in the toolbar, and it was probably set to only show available actions. If you set it to show remaining actions you'll see the actions with future start dates as well.