The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drop-down Calendars Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is nothing super-urgent, but please put it on the to-do-list....

When I select a start date with the drop-down calendar it automatically shows today, now I move along a few month (I often do tentative long-time planning, in this case I'm planning to reinstall one of our computers in September) and select start date 1 September.

Next I go to due date and want to set it to end of September, but when I click on the drop down calendar it's back on today! I have again to move through the months to get to September.

This is not a major problem, but it gets pretty quick old when you have to do it several times in a row.

An extension of the same issue is the following:
When I plan some projects they run over several months, e.g. 20 chunks in 20 weeks. I now start filling in the weeks, starting on Mondays ending on Sundays. After being half way through, I have to click every time I enter a date several times on the month to get to the month in question.

Now for me the logical way would be -in a consecutive project- that I'm offered as a start date for task group x a date that is one day after due date of group x-1.

Also, if the whole project or (group a task belongs to) has already a start date, the task that is assigned a date should also preselect the day of the project or group task.

...just to make life a bit easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel
When I select a start date with the drop-down calendar it automatically shows today, now I move along a few month (I often do tentative long-time planning, in this case I'm planning to reinstall one of our computers in September) and select start date 1 September.

Next I go to due date and want to set it to end of September, but when I click on the drop down calendar it's back on today! I have again to move through the months to get to September.
This is a known bug. Be sure to report the other ideas using Send Feedback also!

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2007-06-21 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Done. Thanks.