The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any chance to have project based perspectives? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know that even in the iPhone version there aren't project based perspective, while context based are there from an year ago more or less, so I'm wondering if we ever see the project based perspectives on the iPad.
Since I have my daily and weekly reviews based on project based perspectives, I miss them very much and I can't feel comfortable with the "Review" functionality (especially because it shows every project wthout giving me the chance to filter out the on hold ones.)

Anyone knows if Omni put the "Project based perspective" on its "Someday / Maybe" list? ;)

Bye,
Francesco

Quote:
Originally Posted by magobaol View Post
Anyone knows if Omni put the "Project based perspective" on its "Someday / Maybe" list? ;)
The way to do that is to use the Contact Omni command under the gear menu to request your desired feature or change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The way to do that is to use the Contact Omni command under the gear menu to request your desired feature or change...
I've already done this, but nobody at Omni told me "We are working on this". So I've asked here if someone knows something about it...

Ciao,
Francesco

Only someone from Omni would be able to give you an answer of that sort unless the feature in question had already made it into external testing. Prior to the iPad being announced by Apple, Ken mentioned that he was experimenting with the feature's design for the iPhone application, and that seems to indicate that it is a feature he is interested in providing at some point, but development plans are influenced by feedback (or lack thereof). If only a relatively small group of people is asking for this feature, it may stay on the back burner in favor of features with a wider appeal.

I think the chances that we never add Project-mode perspectives to the app are extremely small.

I'm not an engineer, so I can't comment on when the additional engineering work that needs to be done to support them might be completed.

I'm just saying that our discussions about this feature have so far all been of the "when we add this" variety.