The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Getting source TODO into my inbox in omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a programmer here (although i have not played with apple script) and it occurred to me that it would be beyond awesome if there was a way to get TODO's that are commented in source control into my inbox. Then automate this so that it occurs during a commit to source control.

Now I am working on all sorts of different machines via ssh and virtual machines on early software so I would handle getting the "list" to my mac via some python scripts I could write.

How can I or is there information on how to then add the list to omnifocus programatically? Better still to read what's in omnifocus to make sure there are no duplicates for the tasks before adding them?

This would make its much more likely that "ill fix this later when i have time" code tasks actually got done and not lost in the shuffle. I know i could add them to omnifocus as the come up but this would save keystrokes, time, and stop me from having to break my concentration beyond adding the comment.

Thoughts?

Sending them to and email account that OF is scanning seems like the easiest way.

The core of an applescript component might look sth like this:

Code:
on AddTodo(strTodo)
	tell application id "OFOC"
		tell default document
			set refExisting to a reference to (flattened tasks where name contains strTodo)
			if (count of refExisting) < 1 then
				set oTask to make new task at end of inbox tasks with properties {name:strTodo}
			end if
		end tell
	end tell
end AddTodo