The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.6 incompatible with MailTags 2.1.1 on Tiger (10.4) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am so disappointed. So expensive a software and yet it is a failure.
Do not buy this software if need it to link with Firefox and Apple Mail.

I am using Tiger OS and Apple Mail.

When I use data clipping to create a task in Ominfocus 1.6, the link Original Message cannot link back to Apple Mail message at all.

In Ominifocus 1.5, only email send from Entourage cannot link back now all cannot be link back. What a piece of crap for that kind of price.

I am sorry if the word is strong but your price is high so everyone expect a very high standard of software, if you cannot deliver don't promise and don't sell at this type of price.

For those who have review this application as a Enterprise level, is a lie.
If it can't even link basic application email and browser is far from any Enterprise Level.

I hope I got provoke a reply from OF team.

Last edited by henrylwk; 2009-03-20 at 01:09 AM..

Did you even try to contact support?

Your shrill tone does not generate much sympathy

This is a user forum. You should probably take your vent/troll elsewhere

Of course, I did.

My question is did they even bother to test it properly before release?

The reason why is posted here is to inform and alert any pontential customer to avoid purchasing a bad software. Personally, I have avoiding buying many bad software after reading the forum and user reply and complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylwk View Post
Of course, I did.

My question is did they even bother to test it properly before release?

The reason why is posted here is to inform and alert any pontential customer to avoid purchasing a bad software. Personally, I have avoiding buying many bad software after reading the forum and user reply and complain.
I'm barely post here, and I'll dreadfully regret it if I get banned for saying this, but you're an idiot. Your post is non-sensical, and is seemingly inspired by inane self-righteousness that all too many people exhibit.

Posting on this forum with a half-assed complaint that's more an excuse to flame isn't a way to 'warn other potential users' -- it's the digital equivalent of lighting a bag of crap on fire on someone's doorstep.

If there's an issue, I've been astonished how far OmniGroup will go to resolve it, in each and every case. I would be _shocked_ if somehow they flippantly ignored yours. In addition, what you're throwing a hissy fit about is a minor feature -- hardly worth denigrating the software in their own public forum to the point that you're saying it's not worth the money and not what is advertised.

Last edited by refulgentis; 2009-03-18 at 10:59 PM..

Dated: July 2008 2:05:21AM

Hi Henry,

Thanks for writing in, and apologies for the inconvenience. We plan on fixing the script handler in a future version of OmniFocus so that it can handle ID's with "%" in it.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me. We really appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Jameson B.
Support Ninja
Omni Group

This issue has been 6 month.

If anyone claim Omnifocus support or people are doing their job. Please post a history of support answer and problem resolved date to prove a claim of how good Omnifocus.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-03-19 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: removed inappropriate language from title

Here, this is just one post away:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9956

Bought Omnifocus but cannot use, more shock can be found in this forum.

Another shock at : http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=11659

So OF 1.6 is a failure. MailTag 2.11 do not work.

Wait 6 more months????

MailTags 2.1.1 is a legacy program for use with Tiger, which likewise is a legacy OS. MailTags 2.2.3 for Leopard works fine with OmniFocus 1.6. I find it remarkable that the Omni Group put the effort that they did into OmniFocus to make it function with a 3rd party application. Inevitably, more and more applications will not work with 100% functionality on older hardware and operating systems, especially after Snow Leopard is released.

Not that henrylwk cares, but for anyone else wanting to "link it with Firefox", the bookmarklet script posted in the Extras forum is great for Firefox users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylwk View Post
Dated: July 2008 2:05:21AM

Hi Henry,

Thanks for writing in, and apologies for the inconvenience. We plan on fixing the script handler in a future version of OmniFocus so that it can handle ID's with "%" in it.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me. We really appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Jameson B.
Support Ninja
Omni Group

This issue has been 6 month.

If anyone claim Omnifocus support or people are doing their job. Please post a history of support answer and problem resolved date to prove a claim of how good Omnifocus.
Isn't your own example the answer? The "%" in the message ID was the problem with entourage mail, wasn't it, and wasn't it fixed in 1.6?