The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Critical sync error (cannot sync new items) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

I hope someone can help me out, as my workflow is completely busted. This afternoon I started receiving errors that the root transaction could not be found, which presented me from syncing anything between my laptop and iPhone.

My setup is a mbp running 10.6 and OF 1.7.1 and an iPhone running current OF and 3.0.1. Synced to a MobileMe account with idisk sync turned off.

I replaced the OmniFocus folder on MobileMe (deleted, and then synced). Now I'm at a strange state where I do the following:

1. create a new action in inbox
2. sync
3. sync appears to work
4. sync again
5. get a dialog box that says "Replace your database and start syncing?
Your current database will be backed up on your computer, and replaced by the sync database:"

Hitting "Sync" here rolls back my OF on my laptop to what it was before I made the change.

Obviously, this is pretty broken for me. I cannot sync locally nor to my iphone.

Any thoughts? I already submmited feedback via OF.

Thanks