The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCloud Calendar No Sync? [A: Deadline reminder export should work just fine.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use OmniFocus on Mac and all my IOS devices (iPad, Phone). Since switching to IOS 5 and iCloud I have lost the ability to see Omni Due Dates on the calender. This function when I used iCal and Mobile Me was extremely helpful in that I could open iCal and see 'all' the things that were due on a specific day rather than jumping back and forth between Omni and iCal to look at my day.

After searching the forum it seems like the ability to sync Due Dates to iCloud Calendar will not be supported. Is this correct, and if so, does Omni have any plans to allow one to see OmniFocus due dates integrated with calendar events so one can actually plan out a day without switching between Omni and iCloud Calendar?

rrkpl, at least in the short term*, the iCloud switch shouldn't affect the ability to export information to iCal at all, which is what it sounds like you're using. That feature is an export though, rather than sync. (iCal *sync* is a different feature that doesn't include deadline reminders.)

To export deadline reminders to iCal, just open OmniFocus' Sync preferences and ensure that the "publish due reminders as a calendar" box is checked. You can then use the "Subscribe in iCal" button to make sure your copy of iCal on that Mac is getting the information. There's a similar process on your mobile devices.

*If you're currently syncing via an iDisk, Apple's removing that option in June of next year, but you can switch to the Omni Sync Server anytime between now and then - we're not going to charge for sync access.