The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW and downloading PDFs from Gmail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am having trouble downloading PDFs in Gmail (emulating Gmail as Safari 3.x.x). When I hit the download button it goes through the motions (comes up with the progress bar saying loading x.gmail.com) and then does nothing at all. If I go to another PDF from the web it pulls the PDF just fine up with the viewer in OW. Any ideas of what is going on? Thanks much! Mike

Addendum to this problem: when I change from mimicking Safari 3.x.x to IE 7.0 for Windows the PDFs pull up just fine in the viewer. Any ideas? Help, because the IE look for Gmail stinks!!!! Thanks! Mike

Okay, this is very strange. If in Gmail while emulatig Safari 3.x.x I change to basic HTML mode (versus standard mode) I can download and see PDFs with the plugin!! What am I missing here? Thanks! Mike

I'm having the same problem. I use Leech as my download manager, and I first thought it was because of Leech. But, when I turn that option off, the same thing happens. I have my OW set as Safari, and I find that for PDF files, I have to right click the PDF attachment and select "Download Link to Downloads." That works for me, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do the extra step.

Robin-
Under "display" in OW preferences you could also uncheck the box to open PDFs in the browser which would download and open them in Preview, Skim, etc. Again, another step though. I did send this to the Omni gurus and they are aware of it as a bug which will be fixed.
Mike