The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"back" broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
so the trick is a "accept cookies only from the current site"
No. I thought that's what it was, but cookies didn't have much to do with it.

1. Go to http://www.defamer.com/
2. In the site prefs, select to block images/content From blocked URLs
3. Click on links to surf within the site (eg, top stories.)

After traveling to a few pages, you should see a list of duplicate pages in the history.

Yeah, I too notice the same problem with the back button not working properly. Actually in my experience it doesn't work most of the time. For example I just noticed it on Yahoo!'s tv listing site: http://tv.yahoo.com/

Also there seems to be an issue with pages that either don't specify a title (in which case OW should just use the URL) or non-HTML documents (again, URL should be used) and OW decides to give the window a title of "OmniWeb"

I am using the latest, 5.5 sp10, BTW, on a Quad G5 on an NFS network account ( ~ is in /Network/Users)

-rory

I see this also with many, many different pages. FWIW, i just experienced it with Yahoo!'s new home page, after emulating FF1.5.

P

Please don't report the title problem in a thread about the back button--they are not related and you want us to fix both problems, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest

In the site prefs, select to block images/content From blocked URLs

After traveling to a few pages, you should see a list of duplicate pages in the history.
Thanks for figuring out what causes this bug! It was making OW 5.5 almost unbearable for daily use. I've temporarily unchecked this setting until this bug is fixed.

-peter

FWIW, this is still broken in SP11. But you probably already knew that.

I think it's a safe bet that if they didn't put it in the release notes as "fixed" it hasn't been fixed.

Ah! I see this is actually a known problem. I should have dug further. It is still happening, I'm sorry to say.

Indeed, this behavior seems to have regressed in SP12 for some of the sites I visit. http://www.post-gazette.com/ is a particularly bad one under SP12; just click a link to any story on their site with "blocked urls" ad blocking enabled, and watch the history entries pile up.

If other folks can't replicate this behavior let me know and I'll figure out which ad-blocking regexp is filtering the post-gazette's ads.

-Mike

You will all be happy to hear that I tracked this one down today and fixed it for the next release (I hope).