The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AppleScript to sync with MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm writing an AppleScript to make sure everything is synced to my iPhone before I leave the house--it downloads new podcasts and does an iTunes sync. I'd like to have it also sync my OmniFocus data with MobileMe before I go, so that I'm certain I'll have my latest changes on my iPhone.

I don't know a lot about AppleScript, but from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it. I've got some really rough scripting to click a menu bar item, but I'd like to know if there's a better way to do it. (And does anyone know if there's a way to tell when iTunes has finished syncing?)

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	activate window 1
end tell

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "OmniFocus"
		tell menu bar 1
			tell menu bar item "File"
				tell menu "File"
					click menu item "Synchronize with Server"
				end tell
			end tell
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to point out that it looks like OmniFocus has a nice, clean way to sync with AppleScript now. Thanks guys!