The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus won't launch! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In that case, a logical next step might be to copy your library over into that account. If it works, you can get some work done while you wait for the Omni folks to come up with a suggestion about what to do to fix your original account. If it doesn't work, then I'd send the database to Omni so they can have a look.

It doesn't look like the crash is related to your OmniFocus database; it seems to be crashing early during the launch sequence when setting up the application's menus.

Maybe it's somehow related to your preferences? You could try moving ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist out of your preferences folder to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus prime minister View Post
Li_CopySelectorFromMenuItem (in Menu Master)
LiPrefs_CopyCustomizationsForMenuItemInternal (in Menu Master)
LiPrefs_CopyCustomizationsForMenuItem (in Menu Master)
Li_ChangeMenuItemAttributes (in Menu Master)
AdjustCarbonMenuItem (in AppKit)
Wait, sorry I didn't notice this sooner! It's crashing in "Menu Master", which I've never heard of and isn't anywhere to be found on my system. Is that some sort of system extension (or "haxie") that you've installed?

Edit: Ah, yes, a quick google search shows me that it's a haxie from unsanity. Please try uninstalling Menu Master and see if that resolves your crashes. Thanks!

P.S. — I just checked support ticket #412472, and it doesn't contain the reply you posted above. I'm not sure why; is that message possibly still stuck in your outbox? Or did it get lost in the ether somehow?

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-03-05 at 03:26 PM..

Ken, Thanks!

Got this reply from the ninjas:
Quote:
On 6-Mar-09, at 7:44 PM, OmniFocus Support wrote:

Hi Adam,

It looks like the Menu Master haxie is causing us to crash on launch- try removing Menu Master, then attempt to launch OmniFocus again. Let me know what happens!

Sincerely,

Jameson B.
Support Ninja
Omni Group
And like you said, this turned out to be the magic bullet!

And actually I didn't need to remove Menu Master, I just put in an exception for OF in Menu Master's control panel. Worked like a charm.

Thank you, all, for your help figuring this one out! (And Console FTW!)