The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Interface for Referencing of material Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

what recently came to my mind is following:

There are some apps available for managing information.
(like journler, devonthink) Can you please consider to use
some interfaces (in case there are any)
This can and will reduce the efforts of managing data.

For instance:
You create a hierarchy for a project in OF. Wouldn't it be nice
when you are able to have to same structure in journler by one click.
You can add then some files to the project referencing material.
It would be great to have the opportunity to see somehow
which material isn't processed already. (e.g. from a web research)

That's just what I would like to have, perhaps there are some more people
interested in to do it the same way.

regards, Udo

This response is a very Devon Think biased (at least to start with), but here goes. DT (or at least DTPO - which I own) offers a GTD template that might give you an idea for how to organize each DT project database that you create in a GTD-friendly manner. I create a database for each area of responsibility and for each major project. I have also modified the template for my general use GTD trusted storage system (not much change was really required).

That said, I am not terribly concerned with mirroring the structure of kGTD (and hopefully OmniFocus) with any of my DT databases. Because of the relative granularity of my DT databases (and DT's great search tools), I don't feel any need to try to exactly match the structure of DT databases with kGTD.

I am hoping that I'll be able to automate the process of feeding notes between the OmniFocus and DT. It most definitely would be useful to autoarchive completed OmniFocus projects to DT.

We will have to see if hooks are there to do stuff like this.