The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Close tab button is a circle, but... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
... the clickable area is a square. Same as 5.1.3. I have found myself closing tabs when I didn't mean to. I click on the tab and the tip of my cursor isn't on the circle, but the tab gets closed anyway.

I always feel the cursor only selects what is at the exact tip of the pointer but you're right that the tip of the arrow can be above the close circle the close circle still selected. Other parts of the arrow are still over the circle so I don't know if this is OmniWeb's fault or the cursor being defined as an area as opposed to a point.

From my tests, the tip of the cursor is roughly 2px off. In other words, it extends 2px further than it should.

I have seen some GUI items that act as a circle, but some don't. The close/minimize... buttons for example. They only function if you click within the circle. However, when the cursor is near them they highlight.

Text selecting in OW has suffered from similar inaccuracies. I don't know if that will change in 5.5.

I agree, the cursor should only select what the exact tip of it is on.