The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Basket Items Not showing up in Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm in the "try before you buy mode" here with OmniFocus...

I've entered lots of items via the in basket. I entered a context. But when I switch to context mode, I don't see most of them anywhere.

Open the inspector for any item there is the context as I entered.

What am I doing wrong?

This is exactly the same issue that I am having. If anyone answers here, there is no need to answer my thread. I will just close it.

radarbob,

Look at the FAQ. Once I changed the hierarchy to context, cleanup got everything straght.

jabrewer3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrewer3 View Post
radarbob,

Look at the FAQ. Once I changed the hierarchy to context, cleanup got everything straght.

jabrewer3
Not sure exactly what you mean by "change hierarchy to context." But I did switch to context mode and clicked cleanup - nothing.

I also went to FAQ and instead of listing the FAQ threads I'm forced to go through a search. I get zero hits with words "context" and "project"

I seems the only items that show up in a given context are those created while that context is highlighted / in focus.

OK, I found the correct FAQ.

The key to my problem is preferences setup...

In the Data tab, for "inbox processing" I need to select "context" - vice "project" or "project and context" for what cleanup will process. Now, when I have a context (regardless of any project assignment) for an in-basket item, "Clean Up" will move it to that context list.

Turns out you must click clean up to have your in basket processed. Otherwise, it would disappear from the inbasket as soon as you assigned a context - and that would definitely be confusing when brain dumping.

Thx for your help, jabrewer3.

Last edited by radarbob; 2008-05-24 at 11:28 AM..

Sorry I was not more clear. Glad you found the FAQ and figured it out :)