The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The "thank you for your hard work" thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am probably one who like the rest of you actually got to "know" some of the OG people by filing a lot of bug reports. In fact, I was one who even begged many times to be on the OW testing crew because once I could no longer use the very slow OW 5.1, I actually went into a depression because the other browsers simply did not have this ideal combination of features.

So, yes, in case the killer programmers at OG were not aware of it, I am very excited about their work, too.

And, yes, I am yet another guy who finds new amazing uses for Omnigraffle and Outliner (http://minoofar.com) daily.

It is also testimony to how dedicated OG is to customer support that they take user input so seriously! It also explains why OG is so much better than the other Seattle software company. Customer satisfaction is SO much better as a company ethos than customer oppression.

P

OmniWeb is the only OmniApp I use regularly. I've used it as long as I've used OS X (the non-Public Beta Public Beta that was 10.0, which I installed on a rev B iMac, then uninstalled until a few months later after replacing the 4 GB hard drive with a 40 GB hard drive).

It's great to see an app that gets genuinely better, rather than just more convoluted (I'm thinking of no app in particular, most fall into this category). It's all very well adding features, but it's the proper implementation that makes them useful.

Thanks OmniDudes and OmniDudettes!

Yes. A good topic. Thanks guys and gals, you make my work easier and my leisure more pleasurable.

I use OW and OOP and OGP... So a dedicated follower at this point. OOP is at the centre of my planning and management. OGP at the core of my documents for teaching.

And OW... now that the speed issue is no more... I can laugh in the face of other browsers...

Thanks. Keep it up.

Can't put it much better than what's been said - love omniweb and omnigraffle has pretty much changed the way I work (and even think!) Now even happier that Omniweb 5.5 makes me a onebrowser guy again. That's worth a thpought - how good does a browser have to be (not too mention the creative drive behind it) that people not only happily pay for it but up to now even put up with having to using others at the same time. Think that speaks for itself.

thanks guys!

I concur - I've been hooked on OmniWeb in particular since OS X came out. First because it was a gorgeously laid out browser and everything just fell to hand for me, and later because of the way I could customize pages so perfectly.

I am a lawyer and I do a LOT of research over the 'net so a browser that is stable, intuitive, and utterly joyful to use is MUCH appreciated!

I certainly appreciate the work that's been done on 5.5 - it seems to be significantly faster, which is the only 'feature' I've wanted since the standards compliance that came with the switch to WebCore :)

I would like to express my gratitude here as well. For some time I had given up on OW simply because 5.1 was too slow compared to other browsers. 5.5 has now become my default browser.

Thanks to OG for contintuing to develop OW into an even better browser. I appreciate all your help and responses to emails in the past and look forward to the continual improvement of OW in the future.

Gotta give some love OmniGroups way as well. Been using and recommending OmniWeb since the first builds of Mac OS X made their way onto my G3. It got a bit tough in recent times, having to use Firefox to render some sites that didn't work at all, or were too slow in OmniWeb - but since the sneakypeek builds started to come out for 5.5 I've been 100% OmniWeb once again.
There are just too many nice things about the interface and features of OmniWeb to want to ever use anything else - and now it's one of the fastest browsers available! :)
Keep up the good work OmniGroup, I'd also be happy to pay for the 5.5 upgrade as there is so much of a speed increase and compatibility increase!

thank you for omniweb 5.5! it's now really one of the fastest browsers out there. even on my super slow 600 MHz iBook G3 it is FAST.

thank you!

I recently bought a MacBook (1.83 GHz, 1 GB RAM), and much to my dismay, I found that a universal binary for OmniWeb wasn't available yet. Then I discovered the sneakypeeks. Mere minutes later, I made SP17 my default browser.

OmniWeb is finally as fast as Safari, with all the added goodness that I sorely missed during the times when I reverted to Safari for speed, over the past few years. So congratulations, OmniPeople, 5.5 is looking very good indeed.