The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script to take Entourage mail into an OF Action? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been using a script to create a task from a mail app email. I would need the same for Entourage, as I use this application in my corporate work. Anyone has this available or can modify an existing script to do this? I have not Apple Script knowledge at all.

Thanks SO much! Martin.

works great--thanks!

Hey guys,
I just downloaded this move mail to OF script for Entourage (called cl.scpt), placed it into my Entourage 2008 scripts folder, restarted Entourage 2008, and I don't see the script in my menu. Does any of this work with Entourage 2008, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Mark

Is it possible to add the context via this script? Thanks.

@mwarner
we sorted this out offline, but he was having a problem unzipping the script; for some reason the name of the script was artificially truncating resulting in it not appearing in Entourage's script menu. If anyone else has this problem, just rename the file, or open it up in script editor and resave it as something else...

@Michael Hyatt
adding contexts is a little tricky as it would have to match up exactly with an existing context. how would you envision it working? Would all your imported emails be flagged as EMAIL or something like that? If it was one standardized context, i think it could work. Let me know what you're thinking...

I can't seem to find this folder....can you confirm this is where to place the script?
~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus

What does "~" represent? I don't have an Applications folder in the Library/Scripts directory

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvardeman View Post
What does "~" represent? I don't have an Applications folder in the Library/Scripts directory
OS X interprets "~" as a reference to your home folder. You were probably looking in the root level Library/Scripts rather than in the Library/Scripts under your home folder.

In the Finder menu choose Go, and then Go to Folder (Or Apple-Shift-G),
then paste
~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus
into the folder field, and click the "Go" button.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2008-03-08 at 08:31 AM..

Hi, I'm relatively new to Mac (convert in Sept of last year) and just started using Entourage this weekend.

I copied the script to correct directory but how do I "use" scripts? If I go into Services, I see script editor but the "run script" is greyed out.

Anyone care to "tutor" me a little??!!

Thanks!

Mark

This is a frequently asked question - you can refer to this post.