The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone use questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
That seems like a terrible oversight on their part. No way for developers to know what is crashing their iPhone apps? Oops.

I had a crash last night. On my next sync, iTunes asked if I wanted to transfer the crashreports. I presume they have the option of forwarding it to the vendor, if it's clear from the report that it crashed in said vendor's code...

jb

Ah, OK. Then that is not such a bad thing (sorry, don't have an iPhone... yet). However, it is possible that it just transfers them to your crash log folder - I doubt that they will auto-forward them to the vendors as they don't do this for third-party desktop apps. You probably have to access them via Console and forward them manually. Could you confirm if this is the case or not?

In my XCode 3.1 (iPhone SDK) Organizer, I have a special Console for my iPod Touch. I support I could send this to Omni, although they've stripped all of the debug symbols out of their code, which will make their work a lot harder... :)

If you have XCode 3.1, it'd be awesome for you to send us your crash reports directly. I think we may have some way of reassociating the debug symbols on our side.

If you just have iTunes and it offers to send in your crash reports, please go ahead and do so. We're not sure yet if Apple will forward them on to us, but we're asking them very nicely. :)

I am having the same problem as the original poster: projects with a future start date are shown as available on the iphone. Has this been resolved? I sent an email with screen shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydb View Post
I had a crash last night. On my next sync, iTunes asked if I wanted to transfer the crashreports. I presume they have the option of forwarding it to the vendor, if it's clear from the report that it crashed in said vendor's code...

jb
I had this same experience. My iPhone has probably crashed 50 times since I've been trying out every sort of App. Apple suddenly provided a prompt asking me if I was willing to transfer the crash reports. I'm not sure what triggered this. Perhaps they gather them before sending them. Or perhaps I missed the trigger.

I too have been having trouble with the filtering available in the Settings.

First, I want to be a little critical. Your online help does not the meaning of sequential, parallel and single actions. Further, although you explain the meaning of these terms in your new video, you do NOT explain the ramifications, i.e. how the changes in these actions help filter your projects. And you simply don't explain how start date and due date can be used to filter actions/projects.

Not that it really matters since it's clear that your settings are not working. Here are the problems I am having. In projects, "all" and "available" work but available does not. And it's intermittent. It works for some things and not for others. In contexts "Reaining" works but "available" is intermittent and "Next" never works.

In addition some items come up flagged and since they are not flagged I have no way of removing the flag. The problem is, again, intermittent. The flagged actions seemed to come up in a particular project but I have no idea why it happened there and nowhere else.

I sent a short e-mail but thought I would elaborate here in case others had similar experiences.