The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Annoying downloaded files dialog Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since using Leopard I notice an irritating dialog asking me (as if im a retard) if wish to open it.

This is apparent in some other browsers I believe.

Here is the dialog

What is process is responsible for this and can it be disabled?

Thanks

It is a new feature of the system and can't be disabled. Nothing to do with your browsers.

Edit: Fwiw, it is to help prevent a drive-by download from being mistaken for something non-malicious. Whether or not you want it, it is there and can't be turned off.

I think you can see http://mymacinations.com/2008/02/06/ (at least I've Mailsmith to stop showing the dialog when I want to view some HTML mail in a browser)