The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom Project Field For HTML Template Index Page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

This is a follow on from the Project Custom Data thread.

Is there some way to outsmart the limitation so that a custom project field (or custom project information) can show up in the home page via HTML Template?

The HTML template is limited to 10 project tokens. For example, it nicely allows me to show:
  • Project Start
  • Project End
  • Duration
  • Percent of all work done

I want to show other project fields, for example:
  • Project Risk Level - Green, Yellow, Red
  • Percentage of time done
  • Project Notes for overall status or urgent message

Please note that these project fields do not need to be calculated. I can enter them manually in Omniplan. For now, I have to hard code the content manually in the HTML template each time.

Is there some applescript or automator trick that can grab one field from one task and somehow drop the number in the HTML template?

I can get as far as making a filter for one task which has the fields I want, then a one line report (modified from an HTML Task List) that I can drop into the section as an iframe -- but the table content in that report format is not customizable enough. Above that one line, it always shows a header and parent task which is the name of the project.

As Tom mentioned, the clean fix would be for OmniPlan's HTML template to allow custom project data keys for Project Tokens, the same way it does now for Task Tokens.

Meanwhile, can anyone outsmart the current limitations?

Last edited by SimpleCharts; 2011-11-15 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: Linking to related message.