The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I need help syncin Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

I looked for an answer to this question but couldn't find one.

Here's the deal:

I was syncin through a WebDav. If I entered something in the iPhone, I would sync (ti WebDav server) and then I would go to my desktop and sync as well. If it was the other way around, I performed the same process in reverse order.

Now, is this the right way to sync or is there an easier one? I noticed in the iPhone version there is an option that reads "Get Settings form Mac". What's that about?

Any help will be appreciated.

If your sync process is up and running, you don't need to send the settings from the Mac to the iPhone. That button is meant to help in the initial setup process, or to help folks get correct settings to their phone if something gets changed accidentally.

The way you're syncing your actions - sync one device to push new changes up to the server, then pull it down to the other device by syncing it - is exactly right.

You won't hurt anything if you sync in some other order, though. It just may take a little longer for all the changes to make it to all your devices.

Hi Brian

thank you so much for your help.

Cheers