The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Images in notes not showing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I create a task with an image in the note it doesn't show the image on the iPhone. Is this meant to happen or am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks

The image should show on the iPhone, but not in the notes section. It will appear as an attachment at the bottom of the action details screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
The image should show on the iPhone, but not in the notes section. It will appear as an attachment at the bottom of the action details screen.
That only happens if the image is added from the iPhone, not if it's added on the desktop.

Actually, it works for me no matter where the image was added. Please contact omnifocus@omnigroup.com to work with our support ninjas on this, as it sounds like there's something more specific going wrong for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Actually, it works for me no matter where the image was added. Please contact omnifocus@omnigroup.com to work with our support ninjas on this, as it sounds like there's something more specific going wrong for you.
Tried it again with another test task, and still no image.

I've emailed the address above.

will this work with pdfs and other 'attachments'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol!ver View Post
Tried it again with another test task, and still no image.

I've emailed the address above.
Not had any reply :(

I'm using the latest iPhone version and on the desktop I'm using SneakyPeek v.77.10.0.104479

I added an entry on my desktop
I dragged a PDF to it as an attachement
I synced my desktop
I synced my iPhone

The task appears on my iPhone, but the attachment does not.

Are there plans to support this in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsel View Post
I'm using the latest iPhone version and on the desktop I'm using SneakyPeek v.77.10.0.104479

I added an entry on my desktop
I dragged a PDF to it as an attachement
I synced my desktop
I synced my iPhone

The task appears on my iPhone, but the attachment does not.

Are there plans to support this in the future?
Apparently it's meant to work now. Still doesn't for me.

Here's the fix:

When you drag an attachment to OF on the desktop, it gets added as an alias (to keep the database size down). You can see that because the curser changes to an alias arrow before you drop, though it would be very helpful if the resultant attachment icon let you know it was an alias, and gave some clue which file it actually was.

Obviously aliases don't get synced, as they're useless on the iPhone.

To do what you want, you have to copy and paste the file into the notes field. It'll increase the desktop database size, but will then sync.

The only issue I've found is that large pictures (approx 1mb) don't always display properly on the iPhone, which I think is a memory issue not specifically an OF one.

Works with pdf's too, and I guess with any other file type the iPhone can display. Works with more than one attachment per action as well.

HTH

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-09-02 at 06:37 PM..