The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

omnifocus: links Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
If I'm in a project folder on my Mac, working on the project, I'd like to be able to quickly open the corresponding OmniFocus project. It turns out that there is a nifty feature in OmniFocus whereby if you control-click on the name of a project, one of the options is "copy as link". The result is a URL of the form "omnifocus:///task/jexW10LHv6C". From outside OmniFocus, even if it is not running, opening that URL will open an OmniFocus window containing the project, which is very nice. However, what I *really* want is to go from the *name* of the project to the OmniFocus project window. Probably, there is some way to do that using AppleScript, but my AppleScript ability is limited to adapting other peoples' solutions. How would one do the equivalent of the Terminal command "open 'omnifocus:///task/jexW10LHv6C'" in AppleScript, but instead of the "jexW10LHv6C" gobbedly-gook, with a project name, like "Friday Report"? (Actually, it says "task" in the URL, so apparently this method could be used for both tasks and projects, and maybe other things as well.)

Thanks,
Greg Shenaut