The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to sort items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project called ToLearn and it is set for single actions.
Let's say I have 4 tasks with in the project that display in this order:
OmniFocus for iPad
Accordance - watch podcast
Learn Evernote
Play with Kindle app

How do I change this ordering to put "Learn Evernote" second?
Is there any manual re-ordering?

Thanks

Tap on hold on an action (in project view). This will activate reordering in the outline view which will let you drag around actions.

Derek

This isn't what I get.

When I tap and hold all items get a red - and a popup dialog appears saying cut, copy, paste, delete.

I can't seem to find any way to drag items

Any more suggestions

Thanks

The grabber bars appear on the right of your action field. Hold and drag to rearrange.

Yep, that did it. Pretty simple when you know the trick!

Thanks

Oh, sorry for not explaining fully :)

Derek,

No problem. It's impossible to know what people know or don't know. I'm just delighted it's possible!

Note that those grabber bars are common in many iOS apps, so you learned a re-useful trick!

Curt

Curt,

I think it's pretty handy. I hope they will show up in OmniOutliner for iPad!

Derek, this works fine with actions but how about projects? If I want to move a project to another folder how do I accomplish this?

Thanks,
Scott