The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible bug: Wait Perspective not the same on iPhone as on Desktop [A: bug.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Guys -

i use perspectives a lot. It's what I use to filter down to see only what I want or need to see. I've have a "Wait" perspective that I've used for years. Not sure if it was one I created it or if it was a default perspective... it's been a long time, but here's the deal. It doesn't return the same results on iPhone as it does on the Mac version.

On the Mac version, it only shows me stuff that is in a context that is marked as "On Hold (waiting)". On the iPHone version it looks like it's showing me everything that is no yet available. I.e. Projects that are on hold, actions that have not reached their start dates, etc.

Is this a bug or is this something I can fix?

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! Can you post the details of the settings that perspective uses? We'll try to reproduce the behavior here with a similar setting - if it is a bug, we'll get it written up ASAP.

Hey Brian,

thanks for the prompt response. What settings are you referring to? In the Perspective category I see Due, Marked and Contexts. But no further settings. Items show up correctly for those three perspectives.

And another minor question complete OT: what's the keyboard shortcut for "mark reviewed" and how can I find out what keyboard shortcuts to use. I can't see any mouse over, which might be handy to educate the user about keyboard shortcuts, imo.

Last edited by FatalError; 2012-04-06 at 02:14 PM..

Brian's out this week, so I'd like to jump in...

I think Brian meant the actual filter settings for the perspective (grouping, sorting, availability, etc.). You can get that info by opening the Perspectives window and selecting the perspective, or by opening the View Bar.

Ok, I went to perspectives and then checked the three views. Items appear correctly. Still no badge.

Will this be fixed? As I said, I once entered some command to disable it before disabling was a real option in the settings. Now the question is, how would I re-activate badge counting?

Keyboard shortcut for Mark Reviewed is command-shift-R. It appears in the Edit menu...

Guys, sorry for causing a total mess. I though I was responding on a different topic. feel free to delete all my messages from this thread (the shortcut might still be helpful for some people).

Sorry. :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry for the trouble this is causing! Can you post the details of the settings that perspective uses? We'll try to reproduce the behavior here with a similar setting - if it is a bug, we'll get it written up ASAP.
Sorry this has taken me so long to reply. It's been a busy week.

Waiting perspective by Thomas Lester Photography, on Flickr

I just wanted to check in on this and see if anyone found a reason why this is different on my iphone verses my desktop app.

tlester, I checked with the rest of the team, and it looks like the iOS apps don't apply the sidebar filter the way the Mac app does. That's why you're seeing extra actions on the phone - it's showing you actions from all your contexts rather than just the On Hold ones.

I've attached you to the bug report we have open on this - sorry for the inconvenience it's causing!