The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ANSWER: How to reset OmniFocus from iPhone -> iDisk? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A momentary OOPS has lead me into a sticky situation. I searched the archives, so I hope this has not yet been addressed.

I have been using my iPhone installation of OmniFocus as the primary application to edit the database that is stored on my iDisk. I have not launched OmniFocus on my Mac for a couple weeks due to unrelated issues with my iDisk. I decided to try deleting some things from my iDisk to see if that would fix the issue. This is where the aforementioned OOPS came in.

The end result is that my iPhone is the only place where my events as of the last two weeks resides. As soon as I realized this, I turned off synchronization for my iPhone OmniFocus app for fear that it would pull down an old database and my recent changes will be lost.

Is there any way we can recover my OmniFocus database from my phone that I can back up manually to my Mac? Any way to verifiably force OmniFocus on my phone to overwrite the database on my iDisk? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If you move aside or delete the OmniFocus database on your iDisk, then attempt a sync with OmniFocus on your phone, OmniFocus will sync its data to the iDisk.