The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using Bingo as a server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please provide instructions for using Bingo as a server. Would I chose sync with disk in OmniFocus preferences? I currently have a trial account with MobileMe, which works fine, but since it has no other value to me, I want to find a less expensive method keeping OmniFocus on my Mac and iPhone in sync. From comments on the Forum, it appears that WebDAV is not trouble free.

The 'Disk' option for syncing is for people who are only syncing between Macs (no iPhones) who have a USB drive that they physically carry between computers, or something like that.

Using Bingo as your server, you'd need to choose WebDAV in the sync settings.

Some of the issues described on this forum are specific to certain WebDAV servers that don't follow the same specifications as MobileMe. But some of the issues are true for all 3 syncing options. Many of these issues have been addressed in the latest sneaky peeks for Mac and 1.0.3 for iPhone, but we still have work to do, so if you need something trouble-free, I recommend waiting for OmniFocus 1.1 for Mac to be declared final.