The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 1.5 Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
(25) Linked files in notes include the filename next to the icon.
Yup. Even better: handle links/references to files the same way OmniOutliner does. I often add web links or links to local PDFs to a task and if I have more than one of those I can't tell them apart, as they don't even show a tooltip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
#27.

Multiple contexts!!

- Art
Yes, I'm missing this, too!

Just to clarify this: It would be wonderful if I could add multiple contexts to a single action. Just like having multiple labels in Google Mail.

Thank you for considering this feature!

Best regards,
Rauchbier

35). The ability to hide chosen sub-contexts from perspective views

36). Clicking any where in the task are selects the task, whilst double clicking edits the text.

Last edited by Dogsbreath; 2008-02-10 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: To correct a spillong mistook

37). The option to auto timestamp all actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbreath View Post
37). The option to auto timestamp all actions
If you open the Inspector, you can see timestamps for when each action or project was added and changed. Do you want something more?

38) A bit more fuzzy logic and/or increased shortcut menu for date entry recognition (e.g. a typo like "tomm" should be recognised as meaning tomorrow, as should be "tomo"; a correct entry like "tues" or "thurs" should be recognised as meaning Tuesday and Thursday respectively; "nd" and "nw" as next day and next week, etc.).

(Steve - thanks for adding the export link and for the pointer to Curt's AS... I can't check it out yet as I am away on business ;-)

39) A sort of Omnifocus HUD would be great. Growl notifications are so transient!

it would be great to have something like a floating, next-action(s)-based-on-context HUD up while I'm drilling through e-mails in mail.app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Hmm, I can understand how non-global searches might be confusing, but losing the ability to search just the current sidebar selection or a focused/hoisted item is _not_ a good trade-off. I don't know what the solution is, but it's not to forced searches across the whole database in all cases. I used these limited searches all the time and it would be a great disappoint to lose the capability, especially considering performance is much better with a smaller data set.
I think the answer is to have both options available, with the ability to select which is active via a dropdown in the search box. Exactly like how Safari shows recent searches in the Google search box.

The ability to automatically bump up uncompleted items with past due dates to a new due date.

Right now if I have iCal set to "Hide Items Outside of Calendar View" your past undone items disappear forever! And to show all the items means I'm staring at dozens of to-dos, most of which I can't even act on yet!