The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"Due Soon" Perspective not working? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have several tasks that I marked due today. When I view them, they display in red, as they should. Yet when I look at the "Due Soon" perspective, they don't show up. Why is this?

I'm using OmniFocus 1.1 v77.

It's possible that your sidebar in context mode has a selection that is preventing them from appearing.

Check to make sure that you have "Contexts" selected (the top-most level option).

I have a related problem that just cropped up in the last several days. My due date sorts do not work. When I click on the "Due" button I get today's tasks in the Due within the last month, nothing is sorted. Bottom line is I cannot get any view that sorts my tasks by due date.

The Due Soon perspective still works fine on my machine. Is it possible that your tasks are inside a project with an earlier due date? I think OF categorizes based on the earliest due date in the item or one of its parents. (The better to keep you from missing an important deadline.)

Curt

You were right. I had one of my projects with a due date that was past due and all of the tasks associated with that project would not sort correctly. Once I took out the due and start dates for the project then everything sorted correctly.