The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects you do NOT do Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have had a couple projects/todo items that I didn't do.

Go to Play on Friday

The run is over, so I can't put it on hold or defer it to a later date.

I don't really want to delete it, don't want to mark it done...

what would others do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarymonkey27 View Post
I have had a couple projects/todo items that I didn't do.

Go to Play on Friday

The run is over, so I can't put it on hold or defer it to a later date.

I don't really want to delete it, don't want to mark it done...

what would others do?
You can mark projects 'dropped' afaik.

Yes, to mark the project "Dropped" would be the thing to do IMHO.

thank you

I will try that

Presumably you want to be reminded to do something with this project at some point in the future. Therefore, you may want to put this on your "someday/maybe" list.

No, it is something that can't happen again, since the art exhibit has moved on..

I think "Dropped" is the way to go. I believe that is what Omni Group intended with that state, and that's what I do on my system.

You are not keeping it for reference, and you are not interested in keeping it for possible future action (like catching the exhibit in another city). I guess I don't get it. Why not just delete it?

If I am NEVER going to do it, I mark it as dropped.

If I MIGHT do it, I put it on hold and it shows up once a month in my Weekly Review as I set all projects default to review once a month.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucca View Post
You are not keeping it for reference, and you are not interested in keeping it for possible future action (like catching the exhibit in another city). I guess I don't get it. Why not just delete it?
1) I don't like to throw things away

2) perhaps it is a reoccuring event, but not the same each year. High School Musical. This year "Sound of Music" next year "Grease" If I want to look at what I did or didn't do last year, I can notice that it is early April when the play was last year

2b) if I have what I didn't do, but a similar event is going to happen, I can copy and change it to make it suitable for this year

3) might have some details that will be relevant for other events: For example, did not see the Matisse Exhibit at the Toledo Museum of Art, but if I want to call them for a summer calendar of 2008 --- I may have an e-mail or phone number attached to that event I didn't do (and did not delete)

I probably could think of more, but it is late and I am tired