The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Carrying your GTD system with you Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fideli View Post
For all of you wanting PocketMod, it might be more reasonable to suggest that OmniFocus support PagePacker.
From the PagePacker page:
"Or by dragging out any image file or PDF onto the document. The files are scaled and rotated as necessary to make them fit"

Sounds like almost any print support in OF will work in PagePacker. That's a cool looking little app btw, I've got to start using that. Thanks for the heads up.

definitely, GTD on the go!!
i would like OF to sync with my old palm

Another vote for the Palm here. An absolute essential in my line of work to look up information on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklin View Post
i would like OF to sync with my old palm
I just realized that this might not be clear to everyone! OmniFocus synchronizes with many mobile devices already, by way of sync'ing with Mac OS X's To Do list in iCal. Before the iPhone came out, I was using this technique to sync with my Treo, and Ethan was using it to sync with his Blackberry.

We should be able to sync with iPods as well, once we change the naming scheme for our iCal calendars. (We've learned that the iPod doesn't support colons in its calendar names.)

We originally thought we would be using this path to sync with the iPhone as well, before we learned that the iPhone didn't have a built-in To Do list (at least not yet).

Thanks for the clarification, Ken.

I've got my fingers crossed for To Do list support on the iPhone around the time that Leopard is released...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We should be able to sync with iPods as well, once we change the naming scheme for our iCal calendars. (We've learned that the iPod doesn't support colons in its calendar names.)
Doesn't it already works with the iPod? The only drawback is that the iPod todo list is flat, meaning contexts are lost. This is not a limitation of OmniFocus though...

Rod
OmniFocus iPod exporter

another vote here for syncing to palm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP View Post
From the PagePacker page:
"Or by dragging out any image file or PDF onto the document. The files are scaled and rotated as necessary to make them fit"

Sounds like almost any print support in OF will work in PagePacker. That's a cool looking little app btw, I've got to start using that. Thanks for the heads up.
Does any one have some sort of sript to print into PocketMod or PagePacker. I really want to stop using Thinking Rock in favor or Omni, but I need the portability.

I have no iPhone (or even a mobile phone!!) or PDA, just have my dear old iPod, so a facility to sync with that would be very useful. I use the sync feature in NoteBook at the moment which I'm using for GTD and it's not ideal but functional. PocketMod looks as though that could be good to, but I wonder if I'd ever remember to take the paper with me :-) I never forget my iPod.

Hi jbursztyn,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbursztyn View Post
Does any one have some sort of sript to print into PocketMod or PagePacker. I really want to stop using Thinking Rock in favor or Omni, but I need the portability.
You're in luck -- I've just knocked something together that should do what you want. Check out my post in the "OmniFocus Extras" forum for details.

- Erik.