The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal import file freezes iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have exported my OmniPlan project as HTML. I then click on the iCal link. I am asked which Calendar I want to import to and I select one. An importing data panel comes up and iCal freezes and does not import any data.

Any suggests are very welcome as I am under a deadline and can't get the task info into my resource people's calendars.

Jim

I installed OmniPlan this weekend and built our production schedule for the coming week and went to import into iCal and experienced this exact same problem. Exactly.

I'll be watching for a response, as well.

Do you also have problems if you import your calendar file into a new calendar? I understand that isn't what you probably want to do for production, but it would be useful for debugging this to know if the issue is an interaction with existing data, or all calendars you make have this issue. I just made a plan last week and had no problems with the calendar import, but was using a new calendar.

You should also be sure to contact Omni directly, via Help->Send Feedback. They won't necessarily see a forum posting, whereas all email is tracked.

Thanks for the feedback.

I just attempted again, this time importing into a new calendar and the import went smoothly.

I do our production runs on a weekly basis, so this solution works fine for me.

Thank you!

For what it's worth, I tried to reproduce this on my end and couldn't get iCal to freeze.

If you'd be willing to email us at omniplan@omnigroup.com with the version of Mac OS X, iCal, and OmniPlan you're using, and perhaps the HTML Report files that's causing the crash, we'd be more than happy to check out this issue.