The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using "Next" instead of Due Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Seems to me you are functioning in a "reactive mode" when all you focus on is a due date. I'd like to get away from date driven projects (eliminating them in not realistic) and focus more on the "Next" action.

Are there any articles, movies, tips or even good posts here in this forum that tell you how to get the most out of OmniFocus using Next Actions that anyone can recommend?

I would really appreciate tapping into the wisdom of others here on this board.
Thank you,
Art

Typically this is in a context view. Constrain view to "available" and then set future start dates on items you can't work on now. This is like "next" for the most part. Use due dates and/or flags to simulate a "today" view.