The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opacity of a grouped image Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Simple scenario: Draw a filled circle of some size, then draw another filled circle of a smaller size, and center the smaller circle inside the bigger circle. You now have a "stylized" letter O, except for the center part - which is filled.

My question is: How do I make the outer union of the two circles filled, while the center part is clear, i.e. transparent? I can set the opacity of either circle, but it doesn't do what I want. I want the smaller circle to essentially "cut out" the inner part of the bigger circle.

"Edit -> Shapes -> Subtract Shapes" should let you "cut" the inner circle out of the outer one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
"Edit -> Shapes -> Subtract Shapes" should let you "cut" the inner circle out of the outer one.
This is definitely the way to go if you've got an Omnigraffle Pro license. If not you'll have to hack your way to something. Either just use a really fat line around a single circle instead of a filled shape, or manually draw a shape that curves around itself to form a donut. (hard to describe in words but hopefully that makes sense)