The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automatically change to unflagged when tasked marked as finished Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I had planned using the flagged status to mark my "wish list" what I would like to get done today. I created a new perspective that shows me all my remaining tasks that have the status flagged. What I got as a result were a couple of project folders showing up in the list where no remaining tasks were flagged nor the project. Turned out that in the project folder some of the action items marked as finished were flagged. I was just wondering why it wouldn't automatically set the status to unflagged when marking the task as finished. I guess I have to make sure I unflagg the finished tasks manually to make this work for me.

OmniFocus leaves them flagged because completing an action or project doesn't necessarily mean that it should be unflagged. In fact, I like to leave mine flagged so I can easily pull out those special items later.

I think what you probably want is to setup your "Flagged" perspective to show only remaining or available items (3rd menu from the left in the view bar, 4th if you count the project menu).

Does that help?

There is a bug - previously discussed here http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6569

I sent feedback and received a reply that OG could reproduce the bug, but I have not heard anything more.

The only choices I have found for now is either to flag the project - so it disappears from my Flagged Perspective when completed - or go in and manually remove the flags on completed tasks.