The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Req: Completed Date Column Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would find it very useful to have a "completed date" column that I could have instead of or in addition to the "start" and "due" columns. Many actions don't have a hard due date and it would be nice to quickly see when an action was completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laushon View Post
it would be nice to quickly see when an action was completed.
Do you know that information is available in the inspector?

Nevertheless, I think an optional column for completed dates would be helpful if sorting by that date were also added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Nevertheless, I think an optional column for completed dates would be helpful if sorting by that date were also added.
Sorting by completion date is already supported, in both project and context mode (or "view," as they used to be called). I'd be OK with an optional column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Sorting by completion date is already supported, in both project and context mode
So it does. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't remember seeing it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Do you know that information is available in the inspector?
Yes. And, I've used it a lot. Too much. That's the problem. In my list of actions, I have to click each one and then look at the inspector panel. I would like to glance at the list of actions and see when actions were completed. This would be especially useful for when I'm waiting for a return call. I would have the action "Call John" followed by "Waiting for reply." (I've tried setting the start date of "Waiting for reply" but that makes "Waiting for reply" actionable. I would like to look at the list and see when call John was completed so I would know how long I've been waiting."

I think for the purpose of reviews, it could be quite handy. It would be really awesome if our column settings were saved in our perspectives so that the completed column could be turned off in most of our perspectives, but automatically turned on when we switch to our review-specific perspectives that show us our already completed actions.

Now that View > Columns selection is saved with each Perspective, I'd like to revive the call for optional display of the Completed date.

Completed date is a waste of space in a display of just remaining tasks. But I'd really like to be able to see it in a display of All or Completed tasks.

When displaying just Completed tasks, I'd hide Start Date and show the Due and Completed Dates.

[submitted as formal feedback]

I have wanted this for my completed items perspective as well.

I submitted it as a formal request through feedback.

*bump*

Here, here! I could really use this in generating reports for things I've completed in the last month. They sort by completed date, but they show the due date.

:-P