The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Re-size rectangle to minimum size around text Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there some way to automatically re-size an object so that it takes up minimum size around the text?

In case that didn't make any sense: I've got a document with a number of rectangle (a concept map), now I would like to resize the rectangles so they take up minimum size around the text they contain. Is there some way to do this?

Yes, select all items. Open the Style: Text inspector, remove the margin values (or set them to a minimal value if you want at least some space between the text and box edge) and then click the Resize to fit button (the one on the right of the three blue boxes with text flowing in - or out - of them).

HTH.

The "Resize to fit button"? I only have a checkbox "Wrap to shape" to the right of blue boxes and that one tries to make sure that the text fits inside the rectangle. Am I looking at the wrong place?

This one is the Resize to fit button: