The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

creating an word index of outliner document Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
This isn't necessary a question regarding OO.
I have some very long outlines (print 300-500 pages) -- semester long law school notes, one outline by course. I won't be able to use OO's great search features when I'm taking exams and will only have a printout of my outline.

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions of how to create a word index for my outline (has anyone seen a word index in a deposition?), so that I can find things quickly while leafing through the outline. It's not unlikely that someone will recommend that I export to a certain format and use a third party software -- but I need some help identifying the path to take.

Thank you

Last edited by NBrick; 2008-10-16 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: typo