The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Action Count Total Incorrect Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings,

I've just synced my iCal tasks, of which there were quite a few, to OF, however the total reported actions is incorrect. It is showing only those actions I entered manually via quick entry.

The reason for this is moving from MS Entourage task list to OF. Entourage syncs to the calendar, and this seems like an easy way to transfer to the OF inbox.

Cheers,
- Steve

You might try the Rebuild Database command to see if that fixes the counts. Use Help → Send Feedback to submit bug reports to get them entered in the development database. (See this sticky thread at the top of the forum for details.)

Curt

Are the actions from Entourage showing up at all? I don't have any experience with Entourage, and don't know how it populates the calendars, but there are a few obvious places where the Entourage->OmniFocus process could quietly go wrong. First, OmniFocus makes/expects ToDo items, not appointments. If Entourage makes appointments, OmniFocus won't see or sync them. Second, it expects to have a mapping between OmniFocus contexts and iCal calendars established in the sync preferences, and if that isn't there, it will be blind to what is in the calendars. Without evidence to the contrary, it seems quite possible that OmniFocus is reporting correct counts, and that nothing has made it over from Entourage.

Yes, they were showing up (to-do's are what Entourage creates). I worked around the problem by deleting all the Entourage actions imported via iCal using a script I found here instead:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utiliti...us-Inbox.shtml

After a bit of tweaking, they're all moved over and appear in the action count. I'm not sure what was causing the problem.

Cheers,
- Steve