The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Odd behavior when closing a perspective window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, I've noticed something lately when using Omnifocus and perspectives. I can consistently do the following:
  1. Switch to a perspective
  2. Close the window
  3. Click on the dock icon
  4. The window title is the last used perspective, but the sorting options are not correct.

And I'd either like a) the default window to show when I close a window and then click on the dock icon, or b) the proper perspective info to be shown.

Any ideas?

I submitted this as a bug a while ago, sadly looks like there is still no known fix for it.

Hmm, I'm not seeing this in 1.6.1. I switch to a perspective, close the window without quitting OmniFocus, then click the dock icon. A new window opens to my main perspective (i.e. the one I use most of the time) with all view options and window title displaying correctly.

Am I missing something to reproduce the problem?

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Hmm, I'm not seeing this in 1.6.1. I switch to a perspective, close the window without quitting OmniFocus, then click the dock icon. A new window opens to my main perspective (i.e. the one I use most of the time) with all view options and window title displaying correctly.

Am I missing something to reproduce the problem?

-Dennis
No, you're doing it about the same as I am. I've created new perspectives to test, and I always get the same issue. When I close the window and then click on the dock icon, I get a new window that opens up, it has the correct perspective name in the titlebar, but it has changed to what appears to be the LAST selected default perspective.

For example:
  • Click on a custom perspective
  • Click on the "flagged" built in perspective
  • Click back onto the custom perspective
  • Close the window
  • Click the dock icon, thus reopening the window
  • The window will say it's your perspective name, but it will have the settings of the previously selected default perspective.

I can't pinpoint what would be causing this, and it's pretty minor in the whole scheme of things, but I can't figure out what's making it happen.

What the settings should be:

What the settings are when the window re-opens:

I can repro this problem - I double-checked the database and had some trouble finding the ticket where we have it on file, though.

I'm sure it's in there, but just to be absolutely sure, I filed a second bug. Thanks, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I can repro this problem - I double-checked the database and had some trouble finding the ticket where we have it on file, though.

I'm sure it's in there, but just to be absolutely sure, I filed a second bug. Thanks, guys!
Thanks for the quick reply - you guys rock!

Well, glad the bug got filed. But I'm still puzzled why I don't see this behavior. Maybe my database is just special. :-)

-Dennis