The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Utility" drawer still doesn't restore correctly after hiding styles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I imagine this is a known issue (is there a publicly-accessible list of these somewhere so I don't have to report things you already know about?), but in case it has been overlooked or forgotten…

After collapsing the styles portion of the utility drawer (either by double-clicking the divider or dragging it down to the bottom), when the style pane is re-opened, the contents of the view have been shifted up and the top portion of them is cut off. At this point, dragging the divider will not cause the contents to "snap back into place"; the only way to restore the view properly is to close and reopen the document.

I seem to remember reporting this at least a couple of years ago. It's not a showstopper or anything, but I'm kind of surprised to see it still hasn't been addressed. One gets the impression that OmniOutliner is in "maintenance mode", with someone putting out fires in their spare time and nobody really focused on making it better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Before.png
Views:	880
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	971   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Collapsed.png
Views:	863
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	972   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 After.png
Views:	874
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	973  

Please send any bug reports to our support ninjas at omnioutliner@omnigroup.com. This is a known bug but if they're not reported, we have no way of gauging how big of an issue it is to our users. And emailing support is the only official way to log a bug report.

As we have mentioned in the past, we haven't had the developer resources to keep all our apps in active development at the same time. However, we have hired a few more devs recently and there is daily work being done on OmniOutliner 4 now! That's all that there is to share at the moment though. There is not a release date yet.