The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dimension Lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to omni graffle but have been a very experienced visio user. Most of my drawings and diagrams need dimension lines. I haven't seen any way to dimnesion things very well. I am sure it is there, i have even looked for stencils everywhere. I absolutely love the advanced drawing capabilities over visio, but someone please help on dimensioning......

OG supports a list of "variable" strings. For example <%length%>

If you draw a line and create a label on the line with that text it will then appear as the length of the line. You can apply a scaling if you have OG Pro.

The one thing that I haven't figured out how to do (and I posted on this forum and haven't checked recently to see if there was a response) is to indicate the precision of the resulting number.

Thanks for the info. I tried that and it works. I created a stencil of lines. Those are great for linear dimensions but has anone seen a way to do angular dimensions?