The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is it possible to get OF to use less than 1000 files per folder? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,
I used to use mydrive.ch to sync OF on my iPhone and my Mac. Since yesterday I get an errer report everytime i try to sync. I wrote the mydrive.ch support and they told me that mydrive.ch only supports folders with a maximum of 1000 files.
Is there a possibility to configurate OF so that it uses less than 1000 files? Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a way to use more folders where files are separated?

Greetings,

Gherd

Sorry for the trouble, Gherd!

1000 transaction files is quite a lot; the most likely cause of something like that would be if one or more of your devices wasn't syncing very frequently. If you open up the Sync preferences in OmniFocus for Mac, then press the "Show Clients" button, what's the oldest date that appears in the "Latest Sync" column?

Until that device 'catches up' with the other ones by syncing again, transaction files will build up in your sync database. Once the straggler catches up, we 'compact' the database and remove files that are no longer needed. If you sync that device, wait an hour, then sync it again, you should see a number of transaction files disappear from the server at that point.

From then on, if you sync both devices every couple of days, you should be able to keep the number of transaction files on the server well under 1000.

(A much rarer possibility would be something like an AppleScript that runs automatically and creates transactions every 5 minutes or something. I saw that once with a customer having a similar problem...)