The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

another Single Action List vs Project question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm still having issues figuring out when/how to use a Single Action List (SAL) vs a Project with Parallel actions. Especially for things that a 'kinda' related but don't have to be.

Say for instance, I keep a list of songs and bands I would like to listen to and investigate before I decide to buy the album. For example, a constant list of 5-20 bands, that come and go off the list quickly as I jot them down, assess, and delete or buy. There are no other actions, just the song/band name. (I know I need to find it, listen to it, decide on it, for each one) It could be 'software shareware' to look up, download, assess, and buy or delete, or DVDs, or anything that has a general similar group, no urgency, yet are not related and can be done one or all at a time. I don't need to review this list every week/month/etc. it is more of a corral to keep track of similar items.

Is it just a matter of what logo/icon I like SAL vs Project icon? Or is there any benefit for choosing a Parallel Project vs a SAL in function or sorting, etc

thanks