The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to filter out all stalled projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
I think it ... will require quite many extra moves from the user
Well, it requires two clicks ...
  • Launch the script (could be an assigned keystroke)
  • Choose the custom view from the script's menu.

That's it.

If your custom view description includes '--sh' (shortcut), it will jump straight to an OmniFocus view focused on the specified list of projects.

(and with the specified filters, groupings, and sorts).

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Well, it requires two clicks ...
  • Launch the script (could be an assigned keystroke)
  • Choose the custom view from the script's menu.

That's it.

If your custom view description includes '--sh' (shortcut), it will jump straight to an OmniFocus view focused on the specified list of projects.

(and with the specified filters, groupings, and sorts).

--
What can I do with this window except for looking at it?

I never need to filter all the projects, containing 'omni' in the title. What I need is to have a perspective inside OF main window which shows 'Projects:Not stalled projects' so I can process/edit dozens of items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
What I need is to have a perspective inside OF main window which shows 'Projects:Not stalled projects' so I can process/edit dozens of items.
That is exactly what you get. A focused perspective inside the OF main window, in which you can process dozens of items.

It sounds as if a couple of misunderstandings may have arisen. Things will make more sense if you download Where in OF and try running the saveable search which whpalmer4 suggested:
projects where (status is active) and number of available tasks > 1 --sh gr=folder st=next
This will take you straight to a projects view in OF itself (not a script-generated list like the one pasted in an earlier posting) which is grouped by folder, and has the Status filter set to Next Action.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Updated link to Where in OF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
That is exactly what you get. A focused perspective inside the OF main window, in which you can process dozens of items.

It sounds as if a couple of misunderstandings may have arisen. Things will make more sense if you download Where in OF and try running the saveable search which whpalmer4 suggested:
projects where (status is active) and number of available tasks > 1 --sh gr=folder st=next
This will take you straight to a projects view in OF itself (not a script-generated list like the one pasted in an earlier posting) which is grouped by folder, and has the Status filter set to Next Action.

--
OK, I will give it a try. Thanks.