The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change empty task groups back to tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear all,

perhaps I'm missing something obvious but how can I convert an empty group of tasks back to a single task.

(To clarify what I mean, e. g. I've a main task "Buy wine" and two sub tasks "Find good winery" and "Choose which wine I want" and in the mean time I've done the two sub tasks and only the main task is left –*but it's still a task group which I cannot give a context.)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best regards,
Arno

The actions you completed are still in that action group. So, if you deleted all the actions in the group, it would become a plain action again.

Also, you *can* set a context for an action group in the inspector. So you don't necessarily have to switch it back to being an action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
The actions you completed are still in that action group. So, if you deleted all the actions in the group, it would become a plain action again.
As a slight aside:

Presumably an action group could revert to being an action if all the member actions have long since been completed and get archived?

Not too sure about the precise details of archiving policy.